I have good news my friends! I have the best recipe to make a gluten free banana loaf ( I have previously posted a “normal” banana muffin recipe that one could also make into a “loaf” instead of muffins!)
So without any further waffle here is the fabulous recipe!
300g mashed ripe bananas (roughly three medium ones!)
3 free-range eggs
2 tbs honey
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp bicarb (baking soda)
1 tsp lemon juice
200g self raising gluten free flour
25g seed mix (I use a mix of pumpkin, sunflower, linseed)
How to make
Pre-heat oven 160 ºC
- Mix in a large bowl the banana, honey, olive oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon
- Add the gluten free flour and combine well
- Grease your loaf tin so it allows you to get your cooked banana loaf out with ease
- Spoon your delicous mixture into your prepared loaf tin and place in the oven
- Cook for around 45 minutes
- Enjoy warm with a lovely cup of tea 🙂
This recipe really is that simple, the key to baking gluten free is to test out various GF flours and find one that works for you! Livvy has a nut allergy so we aren’t able to use almond four as a gluten free option, but if you are nut-allergy free then you could easily use this as your flour!
One of the best things about this recipe is it is great for kids, it uses honey and banana as the natural sweeteners and we all know the benefits of adding seeds to our diet!