As Easter is just around the corner (yes this year is going that fast!!!) this is a lovely little craft idea to do with your little bunnies at home 🙂
All you need is a random sock (we all have the odd one or two knocking about in our underwear draws!!), some newspaper, pink card, pva glue, an elastic band and if you have some eye stickers laying about that’s an added bonus!!
How To Make Your Bunny
- Stuff scrumpled up newspaper or tissue paper into the sock and fill about 3/4 of the way full, then twist the bottom half that isn’t filled and double up over the filled half.
- Next tie an elastic band about half way around the filled sock and bunch up the top section to make it look like a head
- Cut out ear shapes, a nose and mouth out of your pink card (Livvy also wanted to stick a heart on her bunnies so we cut out a heart shape too!)
- Then using craft glue (PVA is fine) stick all your little ears, nose etc. on to your rabbit
- Lastly if you have googly eyes or eye stickers you can stick them on too
- For extra added bunniness Livvy raided my make-up draw and got some cotton wool and stuck it on the back of the bunny for a tail!! 😀
There you have it a beautiful little Easter Bunny! You can even make a few and invite them for lunch…bunnies love cucumber!! Oh and they also love hearing about what their cousin Peter Rabbit got up to in Mr McGregor’s garden 😉