Happy Valentines Day!
A cute little bit of funky treat making… fun to make and great to give as valentine gifts! ♥
Little note of caution – this recipe does require a lot of adult help 😉
7 Cups of popped popcorn
3 Cups mini marshmallows
2 Tablespoons butter
Red food coloring
Red cupcake holders
Candy for sprinkling – think hundreds and thousands etc!
How We Made It
- Butter a bowl and place popcorn into it
- Melt the marshmallows and butter over a low heat on the cooker, stir continuously until completely melted
- Add a few drops of red food coloring into the marshmallow to create a deep pink/red color
- Pour melted marshmallows into popcorn bowl and stir
- Allow to cool before doing this next bit! Get your little one to butter his/her hands (this is allow them to “mold” the popcorn/marshmallow mixture to the lollipop with ease!)
- Take a handful of popcorn and mold it to the lollipop so that it forms a ball and the lollipop is completely covered
- Take your cupcake and push it onto the stick of the lollipop – this forms a “plate” or holder for your popcorn covered lollipop
- Lastly sprinkle with candy; hearts, fairy dust, hundred and thousands etc!
Give to your valentine 😀 ♥