So I was at the supermarket a few days ago when out of the corner of my eye I spied beautiful gold ribbon adorned with felt stars and Christmas trees…ooh how simply divine! I had no idea what I would do with it but I just had to have it!!!!
Now fast-forward a couple of days and we had gone away, we were lucky enough to be staying in a place of complete natural beauty surrounded by indigenous fynbos and the not so indigenous pine trees…mmmm now my brain kicks into gear..PINECONES!!!
I have now decided that pinecones are the answer to every interior design issue!! Ok so back to the matter in hand… Shimmery Christmas Pinecones……. I have my ribbon – check! I have my pinecones – check! Now all I need is some spray paint (bought today – check!) and some more ribbon (also bought today – check!) Follow my steps below and you too could be a wanna be crafty person 😉
What you need to make your very own (very rustic!) Shimmery Christmas Pinecone decoration:
Beautiful ribbon (I used two different types but you could use just one)
Spray paint – the all purpose, quick drying variety! (the colour I used is called ‘flash gold’)
How I did it
Now, I’m really not a crafty kinda girl…well..that is I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be, but alas I don’t have much patience and things that I do never quite turn out as pretty as they look in my head…but I am determined to change this and this is my first proper crafty encounter…..
- Brush off the pinecones – make sure there is no loose dirt etc. that would stop the spray paint from covering properly
- Use the spray paint as is directed on the can and spray the pinecones – allow to dry completely
Now for the fiddly bits to test patience !
- I used two different pieces of ribbon. I cut the ‘tying’ ribbon into lengths that meant that the pinecones would hang decoratively…now I don’t measure anything! (which might be where I go wrong!!) – I just go by eye, so unfortunately I can not give exact measurements, or come to think of it any measurements at all )
- Next I tied the hanging ribbon to the pinecone then to the special ribbon, repeat repeatedly!!
- Hang your beautiful Christmas decoration in your chosen spot and admire 🙂
You know what, I have an alternative! If it all gets a bit too much…measuring, hanging, finding the best hanging location and well, really you could do without the stress, take one beautiful Christmassy looking plate (or an ordinary plate if you don’t have one) a nice large church candle and your Shimmery Christmas Pinecones and arrange – and you have something that will look like this:
BEAUTIFUL!!! Perfect for a winters (or in my case summers!) evening 🙂