Livvy’s Great Grandma used to make THE most delicious carrot cake in the whole wide world….I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t have minded us sharing the recipe with you….It is easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy…and it’s Liv’s and my all time favourite cake to bake – perfect for all occasions!
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups self raising flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
Pre-heat the oven to 170 ºC or Gas mark 6
- Beat eggs, oil and sugar together
- Add flour, salt, bicarb, cinnamon and carrots into mixture and mix well
- Line cake tin with grease proof paper (or just use butter like we do and grease the tin well!)
- Pop it in the oven for 30-40 mins
Now, if you want you can make an icing for the top of the cake (though you really don’t need to!). In case you decide to glam it up a bit here’s the recipe:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
8oz cream cheese
4 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until nice and smooth
- when the cake is cooled splodge it on top!
simple, yummy baking!